On the 10th of September 2005, His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Supreme Commander of UAE Armed Forces, Ruler of Abu Dhabi issued the Law No. 24 of 2005, by which the Abu Dhabi Education Council (currently known as the Department of Education and Knowledge) was established. In September 2017, His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, President of the UAE changed the name of the Abu Dhabi Education Council to become the Department of Education and Knowledge by Royal Decree. Accordingly, Law No. 9 of 2018 was issued to declare the establishment of the Department of Education and Knowledge (ADEK) in order to replace the Abu Dhabi Education Council.
"Education First"A comprehensive Emirati education system with competitive, innovative, entrepreneurial and global opportunities which contributes to a knowledge-based economy
Our Strategic Priorities
- Build an attractive education environment to make Abu Dhabi a pioneer regional and International Education Hub
- Enhance the quality of education outcomes in all levels and for all learners
- Enhance alignment of education outcomes to meet Abu Dhabi labor market needs and socio- economic priorities, which would boost the prosperity of the emirate
- Provide distinctive and appropriate opportunities for all learners to access education services.
- Contribute in achieving the national agenda for sciences, technology, and innovation through developing an efficient and effective ecosystem of education research.