To achieve this vision, The Department of Education and Knowledge has put in place policies, regulations and procedures that guarantee quality in educational programs, regulate Higher Education Institutions in Abu Dhabi and raise the quality of education opportunities offered. As well as guide and assist students in accessing higher education that follows international standards and contributes to enhanced productivity and competitiveness.
To that end, ADEK Higher Education Sector aims at:
- Develop policies, administrative and disciplinary regulations for higher education institutions in Abu Dhabi.
- Elevate the quality of higher education for all students regardless of their abilities, and to create an environment conducive to scientific research and innovation to emulate global developments.
- Monitor and analyze labour market needs and guide students to identify future careers aligned with current and future market needs.
- Encourage investment in Higher Education, and build a model that encourages benefitting from successful global experiences in higher education.
- Attract students on both domestic and international level to study in Abu Dhabi.
Invest in Higher Education
Driving its vision from the wise leadership of UAE government in providing the best learning opportunities for resident and international students, the Department of Education and Knowledge encourages building and maintaining partnerships with leading experts and service providers in higher education.
It has done so by creating a conducive environment that facilitates and encourages investments in the sector.
ADEK Award for Research Excellence
The ADEK Award for Research Excellence (AARE) is a highly competitive grants program for funding outstanding research, whereby only the top research proposals that meet the most rigorous standards of the international peer review process are funded.
A country's greatest investment lies in
building generations of educated and knowledgeable youth