About Charter Schools ProjectCharter Schools is the outcome of a unique partnership between the government and the private sectors that provides a third education model in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi. This strategic partnership between the public and private sector stimulates an exceptional exchange of global experiences and supports the UAE national agenda to create a sustainable, knowledge-based and competitive economy. The Charter Schools project is one of the initiatives launched by the Abu Dhabi Government "Ghadan 21" Accelerator Programme, under its social pillar, which aims to develop and prepare students with the skills required to address future challenges and deliver the national vision.
Charter Schools in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi
The Charter Schools project is dedicated to public school students based in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi and offers American based curriculums to kindergarten and cycle one, with more grades to be introduced as student’s progress in their educational journey.
In 2018, The Department of Education and Knowledge inaugurated Al Rayana School in Al Falah area as a pilot for the Charter Schools project, and at the beginning of the academic year 2019-2020, the project expanded to 13 Charter Schools, nine of which are based in Abu Dhabi city and three in Al Ain city.
Charter Schools Operators
Three private educational operators, Aldar Education, Bloom and Taaleem were identified based on their exceptional instructional practices, expertise, and efficiencies. These operators offer innovative learning practices and stimulating environments that will provide a truly transformational journey for students.
Eligible Categories of Students:
- UAE nationals
- Children of UAE mothers
- Holders of decrees to obtain citizenship issued by His Highness the President of the UAE or his deputy
- Citizens of Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries (for registration in Grade 1 and above only)
The student must meet the following eligibility Criteria:
- Reside in the school’s catchment area as defined by the Abu Dhabi Department of Education and Knowledge (ADEK) (view all catchments areas).
- Meet the age criteria
- Register during the designated registration period
- Submit the required registration documents
- Any other requirements set by the Abu Dhabi Department of Education and Knowledge (ADEK)
Abdulla Bin Otaiba KG is located in Mohamed Bin Zayed City Catchment area and is operated by Aldar Education.
The school is located in Mohamed Bin Zayed City Catchment area and is operated by Aldar Education.
- Proof of residence, such as:
- Ownership Deed;
- Attested tenancy contract;
- Electricity bill;
- Tenancy contract from Abu Dhabi Police;
- Tenancy contract from the General Head Quarter of Armed Forces
- Student’s UAE ID
- Student’s birth certificate
- Parent’s UAE ID
- UAE national mother’s family book (holders of UAE citizenship)
- Supporting documents in the event the parent is not the father
- Copy of the decree to obtain citizenship issued by His Highness the President of the UAE or his deputy
- Transfer certificate for transfers from other Emirates
- Attested academic certificate for transfers from outside the UAE
- Completed registration form
- Completed SOD registration form, for Students of Determination, and required relevant documents
Where to apply
Parents may submit their registration application at the school.