- Established as an advisory council.
- Provided education policy advice to the Government of Abu Dhabi Systems and Information Center.
- Took ownership of the education system in Abu Dhabi from MOE.
- Education policy agenda.
- ADEC ten-year strategic plan (2009-2008).
- Embarked on an ambitious journey to dramatically reform the education system in Abu Dhabi (Abu Dhabi New School Model).
- Improved school infrastructure.
- Equipped all schools with state-of-the-art technology, improved teaching quality across all levels.
- Enhanced skills of the national faculty and teacher quality (professional development).
- Elevated school performance.
- Education transformation: innovation, STEM/STEAM.
- The unified UAE school inspection framework roll-out.
- Moving towards excellence: Teacher licensing internal awards for schools.
- ADEK’s Strategy Refresh.
- Expanding role: Early childhood education and care.
- Alignment of the AD education system with the Federal education system under the Emirati School Model (ESM.
- Abu Dhabi Education Stream Strategy.
- Build an attractive education environment to make Abu Dhabi a pioneer regional and international Education hub.
- Enhance the quality of Education outcomes in all levels and for all learners.
- Enhance of education outcomes to meet Abu Dhabi labor market needs and socio-economic priorities.
- Provide distinctive and appropriate opportunities for all learners to access education services.
- Developing an efficient and effective ecosystem of education research.