By training Emirati manpower, the Abu Dhabi Department of Education and Knowledge aims at:
- Developing the potential of UAE nationals working in the education system and encouraging them to adopt the best practices of modern education.
- Encouraging participation in workshops and conferences pertaining to school assessment and visiting schools with outstanding performance.
- Providing trainees with the technical skills and modern methods for evaluation in line with international standards.
Criteria for selecting trainees to join ‘Irtiqaa’
While all UAE nationals employed in public and private schools are eligible to join the ‘Irtiqaa’ program, candidates are selected according to specific criteria set by the Abu Dhabi Department of Education and Knowledge.
Consequently, those who wish to enrol in the ‘Irtiqaa’ program must:
- Hold a Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Holds a qualification in one of the internationally recognized English language test:
- IELTS: 6.0 and above
- TOEFL Paper-Based Test: 550 and above
- TOEFL Computer-Based Test: 213 and above
- TOEFL Internet Based Test: 79 and above
- Have an educational experience (as a school principal or assistant principal or a subject support specialist or a teacher).
- Practical experience of at least 5 years.
- Experienced in one or more subjects, or must be a curriculum expert.
- Experienced in quality assessment.
- Experienced in supervising and evaluating teachers and/or classes.
- Possess evaluation and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of global best practices in school effectiveness.
- Well informed in IT and have good communication skills.
- Familiar with school performance improvement process.
- Experienced in drafting school-performance improvement plans, or in performance improvement plans control.
- Have a proven track record and achieved good performance evaluation in the previous two years.