- The Bangladeshi school in Abu Dhabi follows the National Curriculum and Textbook Board approved Curriculum.
- Core subjects taught include Bangla, Mathematics, English, Science, Religion, Physical Education, Arts and Crafts, and Music.
- While in Bangladesh, students can choose to receive education in English or Bangla, the Bangladeshi curriculum in Abu Dhabi is taught in English.
- The Bangladeshi curriculum offers a smooth integration for students who wish to complete their higher education in Bangladesh.
- Entry to Kindergarten begins at age 4-5.
- Students complete 10 years of schooling to receive a Secondary School Certificate, or 12 years of schooling to qualify for a Higher Secondary School Certificate.
- After completing Grade 8, students may choose fixed combinations of subjects called “tracks”. In Abu Dhabi, the two tracks offered are Business Studies/Commerce or Science.
|6-7||1 (Class I)|
|7-8||2 (Class II)|
|8-9||3 (Class III)|
|9-10||4 (Class IV)|
|10-11||5 (Class V)|
|11-12||6 (Class VI)|
|12-13||7 (Class VII)|
|13-14||8 (Class VIII)|
|14-15||9 (Class IX)|
|15-16||10 (Class X)|
|16-17||11 (Class XI)|
|17-18||12 (Class XII)|
The Bangladeshi curriculum school in Abu Dhabi offers the following examinations from Dhaka Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education:
- Primary School Certificate (PSC), a national exam at the end of Grade 5.
- Junior School Certificate (JSC), a national exam at the end of Grade 8.
- Secondary School Certificate (SSC), a national exam at the end of Grade 10.
- Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC), a national exam at the end of Grade 12.
Many Bangladeshi schools participate in affiliation schemes developed by the various curriculum and school education boards in Bangladesh e.g., Dhaka Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education (BISE).
- By participating in affiliation, schools establish a recognized association or partnership’ with a board of their choice.
- Without affiliation, schools cannot deliver courses nor administer board examinations.
- Schools are granted affiliation (renewed every 4 years) upon the adherence to the Board’s terms and conditions.