WRO Football is a fun and exciting game with teams of two autonomous robots playing football (soccer). Every year little changes are introduced for the game to motivate the students to keep on developing their robots.
WRO Football characteristics
- One age group: 10-19 years old.
- Hardware: Teams need two robots to participate in WRO Football. The controller, motors and sensors used to assemble robots must be from LEGO® MINDSTORMS® sets (NXT or EV3). Only LEGO branded elements may be used to construct the remaining parts of the robot. In addition, teams will need the HiTechnic infrared ball and can use the HiTechnic infrared and compass sensors.
- Software: Free choice, any software and any firmware on NXT / EV3 controllers.
- Maximum robot size: Each robot must fit inside an upright 22cm diameter and 22cm high cylinder and must not weigh more than 1kg.
- Assembly: The teams bring their robot completely disassembled. In the first part of the competition they will have 120 minutes to assemble their robots from loose parts without instructions.
- Team: A team consists of 1 coach and 2 or 3 team members.
Rules for WRO Football
This is a challenge based competition. Students must design, construct and program their robots to traverse and solve specific challenges on a field within a set amount of time...
This is a project based competition. Students create their own innovative intelligent robotics solution relating to the current theme of the season. Teams present their project and robot to a group of judges on...