WRO Football is a fun and exciting game with teams of two autonomous robots playing football (soccer). Every year little changes are introduced for the game to motivate the students to keep on developing their robots.
There will be no International Final in 2021.
WRO Football Characteristics
- One age group: 10 - 19 years old.
- Hardware: Teams need two robots to participate in WRO Football. The controller, motors and sensors used to assemble robots must be from LEGO® MINDSTORMS® sets (NXT or EV3). Only LEGO branded elements may be used to construct the remaining parts of the robot. In addition, teams will need the HiTechnic infrared ball and can use the HiTechnic infrared and compass sensors.
- Software: Free choice, any software and any firmware on NXT / EV3 controllers.
- Maximum robot size: Each robot must fit inside an upright 22cm diameter and 22cm high cylinder and must not weigh more than 1kg.
- Assembly: The teams bring their robot completely disassembled. In the first part of the competition they will have 120 minutes to assemble their robots from loose parts without instructions.
- Team: A team consists of 2 or 3 team members and is guided by a coach.
Rules for WRO Football
Autonomous driving is a mega trend of our time. Big companies, start-ups, investors and city planners see a high potential in self-driving vehicles, cars, busses, trucks or trains.
At WRO, all robots already drive autonomously on a Regular or Football Field. But driving autonomously in all situations in our daily life is still a challenge. Researchers usually talk about the six levels of autonomation, from no automation to full automation.
With this new challenge format, we want to bring the current research challenge into schools and teach students an engineering workflow by solving real-world-challenges. We are happy to announce that we are supported by leading industry partners to create the best game experience.
This is a challenge based competition. Students must design, construct and program their robots to traverse and solve specific challenges on a field within a set amount of time...
This is a project based competition. Students create their own innovative intelligent robotics solution relating to the current theme of the season. Teams present their project and robot to a group of judges on...