- Age: Elementary: 8-12 | Junior: 11-15 | Senior: 14-19
- Team size: 2-3 people guided by a coach
- Hardware: Free choice*
- Software: Free choice
- Maximum size: Must fit in 2x2x2m booth
- Characteristics: Develop a robot project that helps solve real world problems.
- (*) Teams at WRO International Final have the option to win the LEGO Education creativity award if they mainly LEGO branded controllers.
Our Future Innovators category is a project-based competition. Students create their own innovative intelligent robotics solution relating to the current theme of the season. There is no restriction on the use of materials. This includes free choice of controllers, motors, sensors, etc.
Teams will present their project and their robot model to a group of judges on the competition day. The judges will not only grade the robot solution but will also look at aspects of innovation and entrepreneurship.
Click here to view the competition rules.
A challenge-based competition where teams design, construct and program an autonomous robot that can solve specific challenges on a field at a set time...
A research-based challenge where teams design and develop an autonomous (self-driving) car to drive around a track and avoid obstacles along the way...