The WRO Future Engineers category is a self-driving car competition. Students aged 14 - 19 will design a model car, equip it with electromechanical components, and program it so it will be able to drive autonomously on a track and avoid obstacles.
One age group: 14 - 19 years old.
- Robot: Maximum dimensions of 300 x 200mm and 300mm in height. The robot must be a 4 wheeled vehicle with one driving motor and one steering actuator of any type.
- Hardware: Open Source, you can use any robot / controller / materials that are in line with the regulations you find in the rules.
- Software: Free choice, any software and any firmware that works with your hardware is allowed.
- Competition: The vehicle should drive multiple laps on the field, crossing all sections correctly while identifying the objects on the field.
- Documentation: Teams should publish their work on a GitHub repository explaining their (software) engineering process.
- Team: A team consists of 2 or 3 team members and is guided by a coach.
Rules for Future Engineers (Pilot)
This is a challenge based competition. Students must design, construct and program their robots to traverse and solve specific challenges on a field within a set amount of time...