Established by the Abu Dhabi Department of Education and Knowledge (ADEK) and the Department of Culture and Tourism (DCT), Mawhibaty aims to:
- Foster emerging talent in visual and performing arts
- Sponsor and support talented and gifted students
- Raise awareness and promote arts and culture
Mawhibaty enables us to identify and nurture creativity and artistic innovation in Abu Dhabi students (Grades 1 – 12) and inspire them to pursue their creative passions.
The program provides a range of dynamically enriching courses and individual mentorships with practising artists and performers in the following visual and performing arts disciplines:
| Performing Arts
|| Visual Arts
How does the program work?
Participants are placed in classes and workshops according to their age, skill set and specialization alongside mentors during after-school hours throughout the academic year. Our Mawhibaty students also represent the United Arab Emirates in local and international events.
How can I benefit from the program?
- Improve your artistic capabilities
- Join specialized events, camps and summer activities
- Participate in local and international art events, conferences and competitions
- Gain exposure through shows and events
- Qualify for university scholarship opportunities
What are the application requirements?
- Students must be UAE nationals and residents in the emirate of Abu Dhabi.
- Students must be enrolled in a public, private and charter school from Grades 1 to 12.
- Students must pass the interview process, and must complete all required forms.
- Parents/guardians must sign applicable consent forms.
- Students must commit to attending required classes.
How can I join the program?
Registrations for the next academic year will open in the first week of August 2022 – watch this space for the registration link!