Children who received the first Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine at ADEK’s Yas Mall pop-up vaccination center, can now visit the center again to receive the second vaccine dose as per the dates detailed on their vaccination card.
Date and Time
Available Vaccine: Pfizer-BioNTech
> All Students 16+ must have a valid PCR not exceeding 1 month.
> Students below 18 years can be accompanied by only one parent or legal guardian.
> Please present your child’s Emirates ID, ALHOSN app, and vaccination card.
> The Green Pass System is now in effect, meaning parents must show a Green Status on the ALHOSN App to access Yas Mall.
For your convenience, you can also visit:
- any of ADEK’s three dedicated vaccination centers in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain and Al Dhafra, or
- any convenient DOH-approved vaccination center.
By choosing to vaccinate your children, you are not only playing a vital role in enabling their safe return to school and continuing their learning journey amongst peers, you are also contributing to protecting our community by limiting transmission of the coronavirus.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which vaccine will be made available at the pop-up vaccination center?
Students aged 12+ will be receiving Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine.
2. Who is eligible to be vaccinated at the pop-up vaccination center?
All Abu Dhabi students aged 12+ who received the first dose at the Yas Mall pop-up vaccination center are eligible for the second dose of the vaccine, including university students. Students must present their Emirates ID and ALHOSN app and vaccination card for verification.
3. Do I need an appointment to bring my child to be vaccinated?
No appointments required. Students and guardians can walk-in during designated timings. Students below the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
4. Does my child have to be vaccinated to return to face-to-face learning in school?
Students aged 12+ choosing the face-to-face in-school learning model are encouraged to be vaccinated against Covid-19 for their own safety during the academic year. Students aged 16+ choosing to return to face-to-face in-school learning must be vaccinated as per the recent protocols issued by the Abu Dhabi Emergency, Crisis and Disasters Committee. Students with vaccination exemptions can enter school premises provided the exemption is verified on the ALHOSN app or through an official letter from a Department of Health -Abu Dhabi authorized vaccination provider such as SEHA or Mubadala Health.
5. What is the vaccination process and how long does it take?
The vaccination process takes less than 40 minutes from start to finish as per the following steps:
- Registration and check-in (5 mins)
- Vitals check and examination (5 mins)
- Vaccination (5 mins)
- Post-vaccination observation period (15-30 mins based on risk assessment)
- Check-out & receiving the vaccination card (5 mins)
6. My child already received his first dose, would he be able to receive the second dose at the pop-up vaccination center?
If your children have completed the required period between their first and second dose, they will be able to receive the second dose at the pop-up vaccination center. However, the nurses and medical staff at the pop-up vaccination center will review their vaccination card and assess the child’s eligibility ahead of introducing the second dose.
7. Will I be able to receive the vaccine with my child at the pop-up vaccination center?
We encourage all members of the community to take the vaccine and support the national vaccination program. However, the pop-up vaccination center is for Abu Dhabi students aged 12+ only, including university students. For a list of available vaccination centers in Abu Dhabi, please visit the Department of Health website.
8. How safe is the Pfizer- BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine for children 12+?
Getting children vaccinated against COVID-19 is an important step in protecting younger individuals from the virus. Clinical trials have found that vaccinated adolescents have high levels of antibodies in their blood, indicating strong protective immunity. As the UAE’s national vaccination campaign continues, Abu Dhabi health authorities continue to closely monitor global information on vaccines and any side effects.
9. Will my child need to go home straight after receiving the vaccine?
Most children are able to continue their day normally with minimal discomfort. Nurses onsite will also be able to answer any further questions which may concern parents.