The Regular Category is a challenge-based competition. Students must design, build and program their robots to solve specific challenges on a field within a set amount of time. Points are scored for completing tasks. Teams are ranked by their points and by the time they took to score them.
Regular Category Characteristics
8 - 12 years old
12 - 15 years old
15 - 19 years old
- Hardware: The controller, motors and sensors used to assemble robots must be from LEGO® Education Robotics platforms NXT,EV3 or SPIKE PRIME or the LEGO® MINDSTORMS® Robot Inventor set. The HiTechnic Color Sensor is the only third-party element that can be added to this configuration. Only LEGO branded elements may be used to build the remaining parts of the robot.
- Software: Control software for all age groups (Elementary, Junior, Senior) is open to any software and any firmware on NXT / EV3 controllers.
- Maximum robot size: 25cm x 25cm x 25cm.
- Surprise Rule: A surprise rule will be announced on the morning of the competition. The surprise rule must be handed over to each team in writing.
- Competitors are not allowed to assemble or program their robot outside of specified assembling, maintenance and testing times.
- Teams will be given time for assembling, programming and calibrating their robot before each round.
- Competitors begin assembly once assembly time is officially announced at the event and can immediately start the programming and test runs.
- Team: A team consists of 1 coach and 2 or 3 team members.
Rules for Regular Category
- Elementary / Junior / Senior age group
- Elementary age group - POWERBOT - Energy at Home
- Junior age group - POWERBOT - Park and Charge
- Senior age group - POWERBOT - Power Mix
This is a project based competition. Students create their own innovative intelligent robotics solution relating to the current theme of the season. Teams present their project and robot to a group of judges on...