WRO competitions are team based. Teams consist of two (2) to three (3) members. Each team is assisted by a coach.
- Coaches must be at least 18 years old.
- Coaches may assist more than one team, but during WRO competitions (particularly national or international finals) each team must be assisted by a responsible adult (i.e. 1 team, 1 dedicated responsible adult).
- When working as a coach you may offer students advice and guidance prior to competitions; however this does not mean you do the work for the team. The ideas behind the team’s project must be those of the students, not the coach.
- During the competitions, students should the programming and designing, in addition to other works.
- Teams may be penalised as a result of coaches (assistant coaches, parents, etc.) interference in the staging of the competition.