Criteria for Reopening Schools
All private schools in Abu Dhabi shall prepare to resume operations, provided they meet the reopening criteria, as per their published Academic Calendar for the Academic Year 2021/22 unless otherwise announced by relevant authorities.
Schools shall establish a COVID-19 Taskforce composed of the COVID-19 Response Team as well as relevant departments within the school (student affairs, human resources, academic affairs, community outreach, etc.).
The school’s COVID-19 Taskforce shall ensure the following is completed prior to reopening:
- Conduct a general risk assessment for reopening which is specific to the school (see Appendix 2).
- Conduct individual risk assessments for all Students of Determination (see Appendix 3).
- Cleaning and disinfection of the premises according to the space and activity management specifications.
- Map macrobubbles, circulation of transition areas, and placement of signs.
- Install safety equipment and stock necessary resources/materials.
- Prepare all spaces according to the relevant protocols.
- Ensure COVID-19 response team awareness of new protocols.
- Verify that all staff and students have completed pre-return requirements prior to being permitted to return to school physically.